The St. Catharines Fire Department is expanding Fire Prevention Week with a full month’s worth of activities. The activities and safety instruction begins on Sept. 30 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. with an open house at Fire Station 4 (427 Merritt St.). There will be a variety of interactive, family-friendly activities taking place at the station, including:
– A variety of displays including kitchen safety, smoke, and carbon monoxide alarms
– The opportunity to tour a firetruck and see firefighting equipment
– Kids station • Photo ops
-The opportunity to see an antique firetruck
– Home Depot Build-A-Truck
– Interact with community organizations
Kids can enter to win Niagara IceDogs tickets in a private booth Attendees are encouraged to bring a food donation to Community Care of St. Catharines and Thorold or gently used winter coats for Start Me Up Niagara.
Additional activities include:
-School fire drills (ongoing)
– The Walmart Safety Display on Oct. 5 at 420 Vansickle Road from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
-Kiwanis Pool Safety Display on Oct. 11 at St. Catharines Kiwanis Aquatics Centre from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
– The Niagara IceDogs – Safety Display during the game on Oct. 12 at the Meridian Centre in St. Catharines, starting at 7 p.m.
– Pumpkinville on Oct. 14 at Happy Rolph’s Animal Farm from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. – The Seniors Cooking Safety Presentation on Oct. 18 at the Dunlop Drive Older Adult Centre from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m.
– Start Me Up Niagara – Stuff the Truck on Oct. 21 at Fairview Mall from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, visit: stcatharines.ca/firepreventionmonth.