New This Season!
11:00 AM-12:00 PM – We’re offering a one hour adaptive Performance. Our regular concert will be held at 3:00PM
Adaptive performances are intended to be sensitive to and welcoming of neurodiverse audiences, including patrons on the autism spectrum, those with sensory and communication disorders, ADHD, learning or developmental disabilities, dementia, all members of the disability community, or those who simply want a more relaxed concert experience.
Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 11:00 am St. Catharines United Mennonite Church
This adaptive performance will differ from our regular concert in a number of ways:
• If patrons need to move around, express themselves vocally, or leave and return to the concert hall, they are welcome to.
• Audience members will have advance access to a Venue Guide describing the concert experience step by step, in order to reduce anxiety about it, and a concert-specific fact sheet detailing the performance itself.
• Three rows of seats at the back of the hall will be kept empty should guests wish to move away from the sound of the music on stage.
• Audience members will have access to a quiet room furnished with comfortable seating, stress-relieving fidgets, and relaxing activities.
• GPN will provide other resources, such as sound-dampening headphones, that can be signed out before the concert and returned afterward.